Calypso Cove Water Park Review






  • My most recent experience in Metrodome Calypso Cove Waterpark was very satisfactory.
  • I am a wheelchair user and wanted to share my experience with others, even though I myself has not been in the water part yet! I was able to get around and use the facilities, restaurant areas and see the boys got in ok.
  • I went with my son and his friend who absolutely love’s the waterparks. We all had a great day out and yes we will definitely be back soon.

Car park

  • There is disabled parking bays.

Main Door

  • The main door has a door locking and opening system.



  
Disabled Toilets Main Reception Area

  •  It is accessible they have 2 disabled toilets on the first floor:
  • One is disabled only and the other one is disabled and baby changing room in one. 




Front desk

  •  Queuing area is a bit small and tight the desk is accessible. The staff are really helpful.

Prices

  • Reasonably priced, for 2 children age 11 and for 3 hours it cost them £16.40.

Lift

  •  They have an accessible lift which goes down to the waterpark and changing area, you can fit 2 chairs in to the lift it is spacious.
  •  There are lights and well laminated with colors on the buttons and the roof part it has multicolored lights for the visually impaired. 


      
Changing Area

  •  I have been told there is a Disabled changing area with changing beds, moveable shower head and electric hoist.

Disabled Toilet swimming Pool

  •  Disabled toilets on the lower floor outside the changing rooms which is accessible.

 j

        
Swimming pool/ waterpark area

  •  Personally I can’t comment on this part yet as a wheelchair user I have not been into the water areas but that will be my next mission! But I have been told there is a hoist in there.

Restaurant/ Lounge Area

  •  The restaurant on the first floor is pretty pricey, it is accessible so easy to get around and it also has a balcony outside for fresh air or smokers. They have main plug points which I was able to charge my wheelchair while having a drink (water) but I was disappointed on the fact that on a Saturday it closes at 2pm so I couldn’t order a hot drink for myself so was stuck with water.


Restaurant

  •  The restaurant on the lower floor by the pools was open that is also very pricey, it is a bit difficult getting around the table and chairs and people but doable. It was too busy that I couldn’t sit anywhere near the pool to see the boys which was not good. But we all did have a good day out.




  • Address

The Metrodome,
Queens Ground,
Queens Road,
Barnsley,
S71 1AN.


Tel: 01226 730060

By Aisha Mir

Comments