Hypertrax Arena


Visited on - 21/09/2018 and 24/10/2018

HYPERTRAX ARENA LTD:-
Hypertrax Arena are a unique experience, fast and fun on electric vehicles. When we say fast, trust us when you're sat in that seat driving only by a joystick, it feels extremely fast! Guaranteed to put a smile on your face, providing great fun for the experience motor buff and novice alike. (taken from Hypertrax website)

Aisha and Alison

My Experience:-
When I first saw Hypertrax Arena advert on Facebook I was so excited, and my birthday was coming up and thought this is the best time to treat myself with my partner in crime Alison, and when I say treat I mean it was the best birthday treat I gave myself. The first time I visited Hypertrax Arena was on the 21-09-2018 and as you can see by the expression on our faces above, I was so hyper and excited. The weather was awful it was raining, windy and the tracks was full of big puddles but no way did that stop me! instead it made it more fun lol. I was so happy and my hands was itching to get in that Ziesel and on to that track. Being a wheelchair user myself I was so thankful to Gary who owns this place and made this possible for us to feel alive again. I must say I loved every minute and second of it, the speed of the ziesel is 0-24mph in one second it was phenomenal. I still could not stop smiling all day. That feeling / buzz I was feeling was incredible, I did feel the pain afterwards but it was well worth it, as I say if we have to work and suffer everyday and all day why not have some fun and suffer which I will definitely do it again. If this is your kind of thing I would definitely recommend this place.

The one man who made this all possible:-
The owner "Garry Brennan"          


Gary Brennan

Death - defying Leeds Businessman opens new venture a decade after horror smash!

Most people consider themselves lucky after being brought back to life once,
but three times revived Leeds businessman Gary Brennan is still counting his miracles. It has been nearly a decade since his motorcycle collided with a car in Sherburn-in-Elmet, a horror crash that would change his life forever. After more than 50 operations since first arriving on helipad at Leeds General Infirmary, where surgeon's restarted his heart an astonishing three times, the dad of four is now getting back in the saddle.

Now registered disabled and unable to ride on his beloved two wheeled motorcycles, he has this month opened a new outdoor electrical vehicle arena in Leeds, which he hopes will become haven for impaired riders.

"I wanted something where people can ride if they are disabled, like me."

"I can't ride on two wheels anymore."

"But I wanted to be able to bring people together who are disabled as well as abled-bodies."

The half-mile outdoor track, built on part of an old golf course in Tingley, gives visitors a chance to rocket around on futuristic-looking outdoor electric off road buggies,

"It's absolutely exhilarating."

"All you need is one finger on one handle and one thumb on the other."

Mr Brennan, who already owns a stake in a similar in-door only vehicle arena in Glasgow, Scotland, embarked his latest venture with business partner Mick Rawson.

But after defying death three times following the crash in 2010, he has forgotten how far he has come over the last decade.

"I was declared dead at the scene of the accident," he said.

"The police had put a blanket over my head."

"But the paramedics found I was still breathing when they arrived."

"Then my heart stopped twice when I landed at the LGI."

"They said, 'there's no way he will survive'."

He under went a total of 52 operations, he was in a coma for 5 weeks while surgeons fought to rebuild his shattered frame.

The grandad-of-four spent three months recovering in the LGI after the accident and returned every week for further operations after eventually being released.

"Every day they said to my wife and kids it could of been my last day," he added.

Mr Brennan is now an ambassador for the Yorkshire air ambulance, which flew him to hospital in the crucial minutes following his accident.

He also helped establish the Day One Charity in 2014, following his life-changing trauma, with leeds consultant Professor Peter Giannoudis.

The charity supports patients and their families during their hospital stay, offers rehabilitation help and carries out research surrounding major trauma. (Taken from Yorkshire Evening Post by Joseph Keith.)

Hypertrax Arena / Cabin
Accessibility:-
The outdoor is accessible leading in to the cabin. The cabin inside is wheelchair accessible but if there is a group of people it can be a bit of a tight squeeze inside. The toilet is also accessible and Gary is still trying to make more changes. There is plenty of room outside the cabin and there are plenty of chairs too for anyone he is more abled to sit down and watch others out on the tracks.

Lift Hoist and Slide Board Transfer

As you can see in the image above Gary has bought a Lift Hoist to help anyone who are unable to transfer from their wheelchair into the Ziesal. This is a lifting and lowering device which can lift someone from a seated position and transfer them to another location with ease. A client had brought their own slide board transfer which can also help transferring into the Ziezal.

On Arrival:-
Please do wear suitable clothing and clothes that you don't mind getting dirty, like the website says "A BIT OF DIRT NEVER HURT..." On arrival you will be asked to fill in a health form for insurance purposes. Coffee, tea and biscuits are available for free on a help yourself bases. After all the boring bit is over and done with, it is time to get ready into the Ziezels. Once you have transferred into one Gary will go over any questions you have and show you how to operate the beast of a machine.


The fun begins...
A lovely group of 6 people had came down to Hypertrax Arena and they all had a great time and loved it except one person who was terrified, like they say "you either love it or hate it." There were a mixture of disabled, abled-bodies and teenagers and it was great seeing them all so excited and enjoying their time spent at Hypertrax Arena.
Priceless 
As you can see from the image above the happiness, joy and excitement on their faces was priceless. Their facial expressions shows how much it is worth trying out, they really loved it. I must say seeing them all like this got me tempted to have another go on the Ziesel, but unfortunately my second visit was specifically to take pictures for our blog and of the lovely group who were booked in for that day.  
Ziezel's etc
Equipment's:-
Currently Gary has 2 Ziezel's, a Segway for himself to go around the track to make sure any one using the Ziezel for the first time to get the hang of it. The items that are provided are helmets, goggles, gloves and suits supplied. please wear suitable footwear as it is a dirt track.


 Prices:- £25 per person for 20 minutes including the safety gear.

Booking:- Pre booking is vital to avoid any disappointments.

Contact Information:-

Tel:-  07876202002

Address:- Northlands, Thorpe Lane, Wakefield, WF3 1SL.

E-mail:- info@hypertrax-arenas.com.

Facebook:-  Hypertrax Arenas ltd.

Opening Times:- Wednesday- Sunday, 11:00am to 17:00pm



By Aisha Mir

   





 
           
    

     

Comments